Like last year, the University of Debrecen will hold its speech-day at the Stadium of Nagyerdő this year with a graduation ceremony, due to the high number of graduates and restrictions, on three consecutive Saturday afternoons.
The year-end ceremonial public senate meetings will be started at 4 pm on the 26th of June by the event of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Business, Informatics, and Agricultural and Food Sciences and Environmental Management.
The ceremony of the Faculty of Medicine, Humanities, Science and Technology, and Music will begin at 4 pm on the 3rd of July.
The series of ceremonies will end with the ceremony of the Faculty of Health, Dentistry, Child and Adult Education, Pharmacy, Engineering, and Public Health at 4 pm on the 10th of July.
The number of students graduating from 14 faculties of the University of Debrecen this academic year exceeds 4100. So, at these festive events, one Hungarian and one international student will receive their degrees – on behalf of their fellow students – from the representative of the rector’s management and the dean. The dean will also give their degrees to the awarded graduate students. (Students can get information from their own Faculty’s Department of Studies about how to get their degrees, for example, Humanity students by mail.)
Practical information for the smooth running of events:
The opening time is 2 pm, from when students can put their caps and gowns on in the HALL, where they will be able to change and then take their seats in the VIP stand.
To participate, you need either:
- an Immunity Certificate
- or those who don’t have an Immunity Certificate yet but already vaccinated (with mobile app)
- or two negative PCR tests within 48 hours (there will be PCR tests at the University of Debrecen on Thursdays and Fridays by UD youMed Kft, you can register from today on this link)
- or vaccinated international students (who get vaccinated at the University of Debrecen) can identify themselves through lists of the university
The Students Union of the University of Debrecen, with the help of professional photographers, provide the opportunity to take photographs in front of a photo wall in several locations (next to the Stadium and in the Water Tower).
The number of graduating students by faculties:
- Faculty of Law: 300
- Faculty of Medicine: 230
- Faculty of Humanities: 686
- Faculty of Health: 120
- Faculty of Dentistry: 90
- Faculty of Economics and Business: 600
- Faculty of Child and Adult Education: 300
- Faculty of Pharmacy: 89
- Faculty of Informatics: 200
- Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences and Environmental Management: 180
- Faculty of Engineering: 596
- Faculty of Public Health: 250
- Faculty of Science and Technology: 450
- Faculty of Music: 40
Let’s celebrate together again!
Source: University of Debrecen Press Office – BZs