Debrecen is a big city in Hungary, but the number of Hungarians who are good at English is small. There are services where the employee English-speaking Hungarians or expats. This series of articles collect them. Read the seventh part here (beauty services). This part contains governmental services and a shopping center.
Office of Immigration and Nationality Debrecen
You can get official files here, like residence permits. There was almost no English-speaking staff to understand what you need. The online service is terrible. They rarely respond to emails. However, according to recent ratings, it seems like this office is getting better during and after the pandemic.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Tuesday: 1 pm – 4 pm
- Thursday: 1 pm – 5:30 pm
- Location: Debrecen, Sámsoni Street 149
- +36 52 503 840
- +36 1 463 9100 (Budapest)
- +36 52 503 841
- +36 1 463 9108 (Budapest)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Center: +36 1 463 9292 (Monday – Thursday: 8 am – 4 pm, Friday: 8 am – 1:30 pm)
EASY – Debrecen Relocation and Integration Services
EASY-Debrecen is a family-owned business. They believe that moving to a new country can be EASY. Their name reflects this core value. They specialize in identifying and assisting with the struggle factors which influence the quality of life. They support small and large companies with a wide range of professional services.
- Monday – Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Location: Debrecen, Barna Street 23. ground floor 1.
- +36 52 615 350
- +36 20 328 8688
- E-mail: email@example.com
NAV Hajdu-Bihar County Tax Board
You need a tax ID in Hungary, and this office exists for that reason. You can manage other taxations here. You will need your passport, residence permit, address card, or maybe insurance card to handle your cases. The officers are very cooperative, but they speak little English, according to some opinions.
- Monday, Wednesday: 8:30 am – 6 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30 am – 12 pm
- Friday: 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Location: Debrecen, Faraktár Street 29/C
- Phone: +36 52 517 200
- Fax: +36 52 529-575
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fórum Debrecen is not only a building encompassing 120 trendy shops, but also it is an active partner of several charitable initiatives and supports. They want you to thoroughly enjoy your experience, which is why providing an extensive range of guest services is so important to them. You can ask which shops have English-speaking employees at the registration desk.
- Monday – Saturday: 8 am – 8 pm
- Sunday: 9 am – 8 pm
- Location: Debrecen, Csapó Street 30.
- +36 52 598 800
- +36 52 598 810
- Fax: +36 52 598 801
- E-mail: email@example.com
Thank you for reading this series of articles.
P.S. Thank you for all the 28 English-language services of Debrecen for helping those who don’t speak Hungarian.