Explore Debrecen offers traditional along with thematic and alternative tours of Debrecen and Hortobágy with Go local! attitude.
The local tour guide is Nóra Erdei. She was born and raised in Debrecen. She offers a personal experience as a tour guide: a mix of her life as a proud local and her knowledge as an experienced tour guide. Her goal is to make you feel like you are traveling with a friend who knows the best places and programs, the must-see attractions, and the hidden gems.
She offers traditional as well as thematic and alternative tours of Debrecen and Hortobágy with Go local! attitude. All her tours are fully customized to your interests and requests and flexible on the day to take account of any special events taking place or the weather.
With her as your guide, you will have the time to fully experience Debrecen and its region, stopping to take the perfect photo or popping into one of the shops, cafes, or pubs.
She is at your service if you are…
- a culture vulture looking for off-the-beaten-track adventures
- a transit visitor with only a couple of hours to explore the city
- on a business trip and need a refreshing walk between two meetings or after a hard day
- a new resident – exchange or university student, or expat – in Debrecen
- have family or friends coming for a visit and would like to take them on a sightseeing tour.
She has worked with international travel writers, journalists, and bloggers from such prestigious travel sites and blogs as CNN Travel, Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, Lametayel, Hole in the Donut Cultural Travel, etc. and many individual travelers and groups from all over the world from Finland through the UK to Israel.
Choose a tour from the options listed below or send her an e-mail with your request to email@example.com.
- Walking tour in Debrecen’s historic city center
- Walking tour in Debrecen’s green zone, Nagyerdő (Great Forest)
- Walking tour in one of Debrecen’s oldest districts Szentlászlófalva
- “Women of Debrecen” walking tour
- Debrecen’s Jewish heritage tour – 2 hour-long walking tour in Debrecen’s Jewish quarter offering an insight into the life, culture, and heritage of Hungary’s second-largest Jewish community
- “Life behind the Iron Curtain” – 2 hour-long socio-cultural tour
- Sightseeing tour on two wheels – 2 hour-long bike tour
- Day trip to Hungary’s oldest and biggest national park, Hortobágy, which is the land of Hungarian cowboys
Tailor-made travel services and city tours customized to your interests and requests to fully experience Debrecen and its region.