FFDD are four letters to connect Debrecen and the fashion.
The Fashion Festival Debrecen Divatfesztivál is a youth fashion festival held in Debrecen, Hungary organized on a yearly basis since 2018 with the support of the Bán Imre Extramural College in Cultural Studies of the University of Debrecen and MODEM, Modern and Contemporary Art Center, Debrecen.
The primary aim of the event is to teach you to view fashion as art, mindset and life practice. As an important aesthetic connotation in our everyday lives. And not as a secondary, frivolous prop in our lives.
In 2021 the first edition of the International Doctoral Conference entitled Fashion Objects and the Changing Landscape of Fashion during the COVID-19 Pandemic is announced. The aim of this conference is to explore the challenges and the transformations of the international arena of fashion industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. One of the main issues of the recent period was the return of the fashion object. A sartorial reality which stays in the intimacy of our homes and seeks for new ways of affirmation in online fashion media.
The event is open. The organizers welcome everyone regardless of age and gender.
- May 6: Fashion Objects and the Changing Landscape of Fashion during the COVID-19 Pandemic online PhD conference: Facebook Live
- 8:45–9:00: FFDD2021 online exhibition opening with ADSTRACT
- 9:00–9:30: Beyer, Judith: Pandemic Fashion: A case study of Harry Styles’ JW Anderson cardigan
- 9:30–10:00: Becke, Carolin: Dressing in Kimono at Home: Responses from the kimono fashion network to social distancing restrictions
- 10:00–10:30: Egri, Petra: Per(ver)formative Aspects of the Pandemic Fashion Performances: Moschino’s Deconstructive Marionettes
- 10:30–11:00: Maróy, Krisztina: Fashion as Activism
- 11:00–11:30: Lengyel, Zsanett: Fashion and Pandemic – Is there a pandemic wardrobe?
- 11:30–12:00: Balogh, Dóra: Design for a Conscious Mindset
- 12:00–12:30: Dobos-Nagy, Emese: Changing Landspaces but Ingrained Power Relations? The green promise of the COVID-19 pandemic, the (un)sustainability of the fashion industry and the Central-Eastern European production background
- 12:30–13:00: Zivanovic, Aleksandra: Retail Therapy: Shopping for emotional relief during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 13:00–13:30: Oláh, Ildikó: Technological Solutions for Fashion Events During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 13:30–13:45: Launching the Online exhibition with ADSTRACT as special guest.
- A Divattárgy: online fashion exhibition
- Main organizer: Keszeg Anna, assistant professor
- Secretary: Balogh Dóra, PhD student, designer of WEALL
- Visual communication: ADSTRACT Creative Crew
- Social media manager: Moldovan Zsuzsa