You can vote for the highlights of Hungary in this dark period until the 18th of February. There is the Csokonai Theater of Debrecen among them.
For the seventh year in a row, Highlights of Hungary presents the best Hungarian achievements in the entire Carpathian Basin. As part of a non-profit, independent initiative, 10 ambassadors nominate 55 commendable achievements every year, without categories, since 2014. Ambassadors and the people reward by voting.
The aim of Highlights of Hungary is to recognize, and widely acquaint the best Hungarian creative achievements, and to organize a community around their creators every year, in line with the values of excellence, patriotism and local patriotism.
You can vote for up to 10 of the 55 candidates here. It is based on the audience vote, which candidate gets the Highlights of Hungary People’s Choice Award by receiving the most votes. For the first time, we will support the first-place winner and the winner of the Ambassador Award with a cash prize of 2-2 million Forints. The vote takes place from 4 am on the 4th of February 2021 to 10 pm on the 18th of February. The award ceremony will be on the 25th of February at a free-to-watch online event. Renowned musicians will also perform at the ceremony for the first time in a long time.
The 10 ambassadors have collected the most outstanding values of the Hungarians. Candidates this year include the Bambi soft drink, which was the first cola-like drink in the socialist era of Hungary. But there are also films, such as Lili Horváth’s Gold Hugo Award-winning drama Preparations to Be Together for an Unknown Period of Time or Judit Oláh’s HBO original documentary film Return to Epipo. Also, athletes, such as handball player Anita Görbitz and Árpád Sterbik, handball goalkeeper, what is more, own sport of Hungary, qatch. But candidates include the National Rescue Service for their endurance in the virus situation.
The Csokonai Theater entered the field with a stage play called _Hamlet_ held at the Nagyerdei Stadion. In the summer of 2020, the Csokonai Theater in Debrecen replied to the double challenge posed to the company by the coronavirus epidemic and the renovation of the building of the theater with an innovative showcase production.
You can also vote for Munch.hu, which is also available in Debrecen, which is an application and website that has already served more than 120 restaurants and 13,000 users. Bakeries, supermarkets, patisseries, and cafes sell discounted surprise packages here with good quality food that they could no longer sell the next day, and thus it would end up in the trash.
Ambassadors include the following members:
- Franciska Törőcsik: István Bujtor Award-winning actor
- Levente Trellay: founder of 100sparks, a stalwart of the TELEP and Konyha team
- Vivien Mádai: television programmer, editor, anchorman. She is the founder of the La Mome community
- Ákos Takács: marketing manager of Red Bull
- MIKI 357: one of the most significant Hungarian clip directors, the founder of the Magyar Klipszemle, a recognized commercial maker
- Dávid Marsalkó: a musician with multiple Phonogram and Petőfi Music Prizes
- Noémi Háfra: Hungarian national team, junior world champion handball player
- József Martinkó: journalist, architecture and design critic, editor-in-chief of Octogon magazine
- Richárd Farkas: he won the Miele Young Chef of the Year award in 2019
- PET Cup team: the first initiative in the world to fight pollution using pollutants
- Highlights Of Hungary team: Gergő Böszörményi-Nagy, founder of Design Terminal and Brain Bar, Zsanett Oláh, managing director of Highlights of Hungary Nonprofit Kft. And Tibor Remete, founder of Highlights of Hungary
Last year, András Csókay MD got the People’s Choice Award, who successfully separated two Siamese twins in Bangladesh during a 30-hour separation operation.