The National Union of Students in Hungary (HÖOK) is announcing a photo and video competition organized by the Stipendium Hungaricum Mentor Network (SHMH) for the first time.
The topic is “My Hungary”.
Within the framework of the photo competition, the aim is for applicants to show what Hungary means to them through their photos. It can be a snapshot, landscape, image of a landmark, or their favorite spot in Hungary.
Within the framework of the video competition, the aim is for applicants to present in the form of a video what Hungary means to them, how they feel here.
Only students studying under the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme may enter submissions for the competition.
The application form is available. You can register till the 10th of May.
- Make a photo or video on this topic: “My Hungary”.
- Fill the application form.
- Upload your photo(s) (no more than 3) or video (only 1) to any platform where the judges can view the submissions (it doesn’t have to be public).
The photos/video are judged by a professional jury, and then the applicants are awarded according to the established order.
Prizes are awarded as part of the MentorFactor event on the 21st of May. Winners of the photo and video competition will have the opportunity to document the performance of the winner of MentorFactor at the 2021 EFOTT festival, win festival passes, tickets, and other valuable gifts.
Participation conditions and terms:
- In full awareness of their legal responsibilities, applicants must state that they are a student of a university involved in the program (like Debrecen), and that the submitted photograph/video is their own work.
- Photography competition: Images should be no greater than 5 megabytes (MB) and only in JPG or JPEG file format.
- Video competition: Videos can be recorded with any technique, yet they must satisfy the following conditions:
- duration: no more than 20 minutes
- file format: supported by YouTube: mp4, avi, etc.
- resolution: 480p or better.
- Submissions may only be revoked by the entrant before the deadline of the evaluation only by requests sent from the e-mail address used by the entrant through the registration interface.
- Insofar as the winning entrant fails to respond within 5 days of the notification of winning the competition, they shall forfeit the prize, and the organizer may identify a new winner instead of them.
The professional jury shall identify I, II, and III place winners from the materials submitted for both the photography competition, and the video competition and a special prize winner shall also be selected by public vote via Facebook.
Winners will be announced via e-mail.