There are significant changes in public transport in Debrecen from the 8th of March. Besides, Volánbusz and MÁV chargeback point-to-point worker and student season-tickets until the 10th of March.
The restrictions, which are effective from 8th of March, overridden the Debrecen schedules.
According to the announcement of DKV Ltd.: In the spring of last year and the period between the two holidays at the end of the year, based on a successfully applied transport schedule, trams run on a school holiday – working day schedule, buses, and trolleybuses run on a modified holiday schedule, and they start additional runs on some routes if it is needed.
- Trolleybuses run on a holiday schedule.
- Trams: they work on a school holiday – working day schedule.
- Buses run on a holiday schedule.
Bus number 10Y, 12, 13, 16, 17/17A, 21, 24Y, 30A, 33, 37, 39, 41Y, 43, 45, 46/46E/146, 48, 49/49A/49Y
These buses carry passengers on a modified holiday schedule, which means that the company launches supplementary scheduled runs in addition to the original departure times, adapting to the higher number of travel requests in the morning and afternoon rush hours, thus helping to commute and getting home.
From the 8th of March 2021, due to government regulations, the use of a mouth mask is obligatory in public areas, so it is mandatory to wear a mask covering the mouth and nose while waiting for the bus, tram, and trolley at stops!
Volánbusz and MÁV refund the point-to-point worker and student season-tickets initiated until the 10th of March free of charge. No handling fee will be charged if passengers submit a claim for reimbursement of point-to-point worker and student season-tickets by the 10th of March. According to the relevant decree of the Ministry of Innovation and Technology, monthly, semi-monthly season tickets or season tickets valid from the 8th of March to 30 days are refunded. 50% of the price of a 30-day pass which period of validity starts before the 1st of March 2021 and lasts at least another 15 days at the time of submission, will be refunded free of charge.
- It is possible to redeem season tickets purchased at Volánbusz at the ticket offices, which requires the season ticket holder’s identity card and student card. At checkouts, it is also possible to redeem season tickets purchased online and printed.
- In the case of paper-based season tickets purchased at ticket offices and vending machines, the refund request can be submitted to the cash desks or customer service at MÁV-Start. In letter: MÁV-Start Zrt. Ügyfélszolgálat 1426 Budapest, Pf .: 56. The railway company will transfer the season ticket refund to the given account number.
- In the case of season tickets purchased in the MÁV application, you can send your refund request electronically to email@example.com, stating the passenger’s name and a season ticket number. Here, the money will be refunded to the account associated with the credit card used to make the purchase.