The English Conversation Club of American Corner Debrecen is back. There was a hiatus last year due to the pandemic.
If you are looking for a place where you can practice English without a “classroom” atmosphere, this club is for you. No pressure to solve tasks, no textbooks, no homework.
The club is free, but registration is required. You can register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Corner can only host a limited number of participants (16 persons). There will be 4 groups of 4 participants.
Each week you will have a different topic that you can discuss with a small group of people. Don’t worry! No level test is needed to join the conversation club.
Please, maintain social distancing (1,5 m) and keep the groups small!
Time: at 5 pm on the 21st of September
Venue: Debrecen, 19/D Bem square, Méliusz Juhász Péter Library
Services of the American Corner Debrecen:
- There are more than 2500 books in English, 20 types of newspapers, 550 DVDs, and VHS cassettes (fiction, history, arts, sports, etc.) for all ages in their library which can be used on the sport or borrowed.
- Visitors can study audio CDs and TOEFL, SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, USMLE books for learning English, and they provide TOEFL practice opportunities, furthermore, access to the eLibraryUSA database.
- English-language conversation club every Tuesday from 5 pm, regardless of age and language skills.
- Computer use for research or study purposes (Microsoft Office, Internet, WiFi).
- Providing information regarding travel to the United States.
- Study consultation for applications to American universities.
- Organizing cultural programs.
- Informing foreigners about Debrecen and the region
All services are free.