The restrictions made on the 8th of March 2021 are over. Here is the first step of the opening.
Hungary reached 2.5 million inoculated persons yesterday. Mitigation begins today.
“We live our lives a year ago in a state reminiscent of war, with restrictions, curfews, and personal losses.”announced the Prime Minister on his Facebook page.
Stores can open, services can restart.
There will be epidemiological measures. Please follow them! – the Prime Minister emphasized. Vaccination is continued. He thanked the doctors and nurses for their work.
What does the first step of opening mean?
Minister of the Interior, Sándor Pintér confirmed in a decree that the first mitigations could come, with the following measures:
- The curfew is reduced: between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Stores can be open more: from 5 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Stores, including those closed since the 8th of March, can be opened under a new type of square meter-based rules. Only one customer per 10 square meters!
- Services can be opened: hairdressers, cosmetics, and other providers.
- Restaurants and catering shops must not be operating ordinarily. Only those who are working there can stay in these units. To deliver and transport takeaway food, people can enter restaurants for as long as necessary.
- Hotels are not allowed to receive guests, except for those who come with business, economic and educational purposes.