The government will open kindergartens and lower primary schools on the 19th of April. Senior classes and high schools will open on the 10th of May until that digital education will remain. Attendance education will not be compulsory in the lower grades of primary schools from next week. It is also possible to stay away from kindergartens and schools. No need for student passes (Volán).
Parents can apply to the head of the institution for permission to be absent from kindergarten or lower grades if, despite the opening, they do not want to send their child to the public education institution, said Zoltán Maruzsa, state secretary for public education, at the press conference of the Operational Board yesterday.
- Heads of institutions (headmasters and kindergarten leaders) can permit to be absent from attendance education at the local level.
- There will be no digital education for lower primary schools. The government will not put a double burden on teachers because of absentees.
- Absentees can learn individually at home. They get assignments for this from the schools.
- Absence will be considered authenticated.
- Absence of 250 hours (authenticated) in the normal period means automatic restart of the school year. Now, in this case, the school year can be accomplished with a year-end grading exam.
He also talked about the re-mandatory measurement of temperature, disinfection, social distance, and provide all means to defend institutions.
The Ministry of Innovation and Technology (MIT) has decided that for the rest of the month, lower-grade students will not have to buy tickets or passes (Volán). They can travel for free by presenting their student ID.
Monthly and semi-monthly passes for April, or 30-day point-to-point student passes with a start date of the 19th of April, will be redeemed at no charge to those who request it no later than the 26th of April.
According to the MIT announcement, nearly 350,000 schoolgirls and schoolboys will return to classrooms from the first to the fourth grade on Monday.